Google My Business Insight is the analytics tool that shows business owners how much action their Google Maps/Local listing is getting. It gives an inside look at how people find your business listing on the web and provides different ways to understand how customers interact with your listing.
A recent study of 45,000 anonymous local businesses was conducted by BrightLocal to explore Google My Business insights trends and highlight the areas of improvement that could lead to further successes from online marketing efforts.
The study was conducted for 36 different industries across 4 countries and focused on establishing benchmarks for profile views, searches, actions, photos, calls, and overall growth.
Key Findings Of The Study:
- A business holds 33 opportunities of being found (per day): As per the analysis, 34% of local businesses are seen in more than 1,000 discovery searches per month. On an average, a business is found in 1,009 searches per month which is roughly 33 times a day.
Majority of these searches i.e 75% is done on search, while the remaining 25% us done on Google Maps.
- 5% average conversion rate: When comparing 2017 to 2018, there has been an increase in the Google My Business listing views result in a website click, call, or direction request. It grew from 3.87% to 4.83%, according to which a business receives 59 actions from their Google My Business listing each month.
- Correlation between images and views: The average local business receives 1,260 views each month – 943 on Search and 317 on Maps. The view on image search has grew by 7%, with hotels leading the listing.
- Searches and clicks: According to the study, between 2017 and 2018, direct searches grew by 38% while website clicks grew by 29%.
The only metric that went down was direction requests (fell by 13%).